Thursday, June 15, 2017

Decluttering part 2/McKays Used Bookstore.

Me and my parents are decluttering books and Dvd's for our move. Located in West Nashville is a cool shop called McKays that sells used books, Dvds, CDs, games and even instruments! So on Monday we went there with 4 big bags of books/DVDs. Mom couldn't get rid of her old Grease VHS and took it back out of the bag. Does anyone even use VHS's anymore? They took our stuff to see what they wanted to buy from us and the lady who worked there said ''we will call your number in about 1 hour". We went to a burger place and then went back. We shopped while we were waiting and I ran down the aisle exited because I saw so many awesome books series I liked. I said"This is a kid's book Paradise!".  The cool thing is they give you credit for free stuff so I got Percy Jackson greek mythology sequel books called "The Lost Hero" and "The House of Hades" and My parents got a Jack Black movie called ''Bernie". When our books were sorted out by Mckay's, there was tons of stuff they didn't take, even a cool book about the Kennedy assassination and time travel by Steven King. We put in in the free bin out front and someone took it right away. They gave us enough credit  for what we wanted and we had some more credit left over. If you want more info on how you can also get rid of old stuff and get free new stuff go to mckaybooks.com. .Now here are some pictures...


3 comments:

  1. You rock, as always! Grease? Funny! VHS? Funnier, though we have a garage full of them. I've always loved how you love books & am happy you found the kid's book section a paradise! With your personality, love of life & the written word, I can't wait to see what you express next.
    p.s. I've been meaning to go to McKays & now you've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock, as always! Grease? Funny! VHS? Funnier, though we have a garage full of them. I've always loved how you love books & am happy you found the kid's book section a paradise! With your personality, love of life & the written word, I can't wait to see what you express next.
    p.s. I've been meaning to go to McKays & now you've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing, Dock! I love McKays as well!!

    ReplyDelete

Quaranteened

Man, it has been a long time since I blogged. Happy New Year! By the way it’s 2021 and the world is in total shambles. I cannot believe that...