Monday, July 30, 2018

MY MAINE TRIP

I just went on an awesome trip to York Beach, Maine. I was there with all of my Havey family (Like cousins and grandparents). On my first  day we flew to Boston, Massachusetts. My Uncle Jay picked us from the airport. He and my Aunt Siobhan (Irish, I originally spelled it  like it sounds, "Shavan") were throwing a big party at their house near Boston in Glouchester. We stayed at a B&B in an old house called the Sally Webster Inn about 15 minutes from Jay's house in Rockport which was a seatown. I saw Nannie at their house too.We said goodbye and went to Salem before our "Maine spot".  Salem is known for being the place where they burned people they thought were witches. The museum we went to there was very interesting because they told us the history of witches in depth. We then went to our house in Maine which Grandee and Pepe got which was very nice. In York Beach in "Short Sands" there's a very cool arcade there called the Fun-O-Rama very near the cold beach (the water is freezing!). My favorite things to do at the arcade were skeeball and the gypsy woman (was like Zoltar in the movie "Big") . I got the rare 100 points while playing skeeball 4 times during my visit and it was awesome. I went to a place called Goldenrod's there which had salt water taffy, fudge and other types of candy. I loved the beach there but the water was very cold (#sickbro). One day I was at the beach for two hours and I was almost frozen when I got out of the ocean, my hands were tingly. I still loved bodysurfing though. At the house there was a dock on the river/bay and a big backyard and a fire pit where we made s'mores. We rented kayaks there and did it almost two times a day. There was a restraunt near by that we really liked called Cape Neddick Lobster pound.We took a day trip to a place called Oqunquick where we took a nice hike that went high above the cliffs and we also went to the beach. A really fun thing we did was an amusement park called York's Wild Kingdom. My favorite thing there was the go-karts. I got a tempoary.tattoo of a shark there, I really liked the family time there because I rarely see them. I really liked seeing my cousins, my Aunts, my Aunt Allison's fiancé and grandparents. A beautiful thing we did there was seeing Nubble Lighthouse and having ice cream nearby. On the way back our flight was delayed so we explored Boston where we saw graves of some historic people like Paul Revere. I really liked it and I encourage you to go to the coast of Maine.













3 comments:

  1. SO happy for you & your family that you had such a fabulous time together & did so much! Love you, Dock Havey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Dock. It was very special for me to have you visit a place I used to love vacationing when I was your age. Wonderful memories for us all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Dock --- you perfectly described what was obviously a wonderful family vacation! I've never been up there but the photos your mom took last week were so pretty - I bet it was fun hanging out with your cousins too! So happy you let us all hear about your great trip.

    ReplyDelete

Quaranteened

Man, it has been a long time since I blogged. Happy New Year! By the way it’s 2021 and the world is in total shambles. I cannot believe that...