Monday, June 19, 2017

Moon Pie festival

I found out that in Bell Buckle,TN. there is an annual moon pie festival. Mom thought it was in a small town called Hohenwalde but we found out it wasn't before we went all the way there. It was a 1 hr drive but it was worth it. Bell Buckle's population is only 512 which is the same as most schools. I saw booths filled with country crafts. There was a rock climbing wall and a bounce house.I climbed a very long time because the lady/son operating it were nice and kept letting me try. I went to a small coffee shop and ordered a sandwich. We sampled three kinds of moon pies and RC cola.They are southern legends and they are delicious, kinda like Little Debbies. My favorite was the banana flavor, second best was salted caramel and the chocolate was in last place. The RC cola tasted like Pepsi+ the South. I took a selfie with Uncle Sam. He spoke on the event stage. I also sampled the world's largest Moon Pie that they made to celebrate the Moon Pie's 100th b-day. We went antiquing too since they had lots of shops there. I suggest that you should go next year if you have never been. It is a fun, small town thing to do.

                                 Here are pictures




1 comment:

  1. Hi Dock....love the blog. This is David's friend Lori from Mt. Juliet...as you know he is old and boring....I asked him to take me to an event this weekend. He is too lazy to find a place to go himself and said I should check with you. So help me out or I will be stuck with him asking Alexa to play a million different songs no one has ever heard of and cussing when she hasn't either... �� Btw I am ticked I didn't get to go to the Moon Pie festival...my best, Lori

    ReplyDelete

Quaranteened

Man, it has been a long time since I blogged. Happy New Year! By the way it’s 2021 and the world is in total shambles. I cannot believe that...