Friday, June 30, 2017

"Same Old Song" show at the Basement

Mom was offered to do a song  called "These Boots Were Made For Walking" at the Basement (a club downstairs from Grimey's Records). The twist to the event is that everyone sang different versions of the same song. I was lucky that I was even invited to the event because I'm 12 but the boss (whose name is of course Grimey) said I could come to the early show with my dad for a few minutes. It was very dark in there even though it was daylight outside. I thought the darkness was weird. The host's name is J.J and he lives in Germany and does this same old song thing there (this was the first time in the US). For his opening act JJ did the song in a dress. I thought "is he crazy"... in a funny way. He also sang it in German.
On this song Mom's partner's name is John Bohlinger and he went to boarding school with my Dad and my Aunt Allison. He is a really good musician and he does TV, here is his wikepedia page John_Bohlinger_(musician)). He and my mom did really good and their version was more surfy punk rock. Here's the link to the video of them doing it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_8iJdVvDuA.
The song is a 60s pop hit by Nancy Sinatra that has girlish Go Go dancing on the video like on Austin Powers. (She was like a pre pre pre Madonna). After mom's song I wanted to leave because I was craving ice cream and Dad said he would take me for boy's night to Jeni's (I highly recommend the salted caramel and the salted peanut butter). So, as Dad and I were leaving I told mom "these flip-flops were made for leaving" and she thought it was funny and shared it on Facebook. Below is a picture of mom and John Bohlinger. Stay tuned for more of my activities.


8 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun time that everyone had! Wish I could have been there. An unusual show from some very talented people. You are so lucky to be a part of all that talent Dock! Looking forward to your next episode of whatsupdock!đŸ˜˜

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dock, we were all glad you came to the show and had a good time!! I also enjoyed a Jeni's salted caramel ice cream on a different day. Very yummy!! Hope you can participate in SAME OLD SONG someday. www.sameoldsong.de. ALl the best, JJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it.I didn't actually get salted caramel that time but it is the best. Your show is so funny.I would be happy to do the show someday. Thanks for the German chocolate bar. I loved it.
      Dock

      Delete
  3. Great seeing you Dock. Thanks for the shout-out,
    Rock on, amigo
    John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU ROCK.I JUST FOUND OUT THAT YOUR DAD WAS THE LT. GOVERNER OF MONTANA,THHATS AWESOME.SAY" DOCK SAYS HI TO YOUR KID",
      FROM,DOCK

      Delete
  4. Ron & I are really enjoying your blog, Dock. We've been aware of your outstanding humor & fresh take on everything for some time, but fabulous to read your written words. We think you have the potential to be a great writer, humorist, critic or anything that beautiful heart desires! Hope to see you soon in your lovely new home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, thank you for being so nice to me and my blog, that was a really beautiful statement. I hope you come to my new house soon. love you

      Delete

Quaranteened

Man, it has been a long time since I blogged. Happy New Year! By the way it’s 2021 and the world is in total shambles. I cannot believe that...