Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Dock's spectacular Fourth of July Presented by Nissan (ha)


Let me take you back to 2 years ago. I was gonna go boating with my friends the Cooks to see fireworks. The kid's names are Savanna and Drew.The parents names are Laurie and Job.We have known them since our old neighborhood when were toddlers/babies. But It unfortunately rained so we didn't go and I was really disappointed. But this 4th of July Mom and Dad made plans with them so we could go and I was really excited. The dock was located near Opryland/Opry Mills. Apparently, the dock we were originally gonna use was for emergencies only and we didn't want to get in trouble. So, we went to another dock like 2 miles away where we parked the boat while we went nearby for dinner. Because it was close, we went to Shoneys, which is a family style buffet and I would like to thank the waitress (I don't remember her name) for working on a holiday. Then we played on the playground near the dock. The way we got the boat in is that we had to lower it down a steep ramp and it was hard. But then we were cruising and I saw the General Jackson riverboat go by us. It goes from Opryland to Downtown Nashville. The Cook's motorboat was awesome to cruise around in because it was so fast. When we got to the destination, which was downtown Nashville on the Cumberland River,  we saw tons of boats already there anchored and waiting to see the fireworks too. Miss Laurie had a very hard time getting the anchor in the bottom of the river (the current was strong) so Drew helped her to do it. We had to wait 1 hour before the fireworks started but something interesting happened. Two guys stared to get in a fight because one of the boats accidentally unhooked the other's anchor. It was sorta like a road rage but in a river. But they signaled the water patrol and they fixed the anchor and the guys didn't actually fight. We saw the General Jackson Riverboat again and every boater went nuts honking and waving. Everyone was friendly and excited for the 4th. We could hear Chris Young sing (a little) from Downtown Nashville but we mostly heard the radio. The fireworks were gonna start but first there was a prologue (a man speaking about America). It started and I saw lots of cool shapes like blue sparks below the other fireworks, also some that looked like worms. I saw fireworks that came down on the water and at first I was creeped out but then I discovered it was safe and it looked cool  (the boats had to be in a certain area away from the fireworks for safety) We heard it was the biggest fireworks show in the country! We were lucky to have friends who took us on this beautiful journey. I was a little nauseous/sea sick on the way back and we had to wait for Laurie to get the truck and there were a lot of boats waiting to dock too so Captain Cook (Job) and had to circle us around in the boat. I was getting tired. I saw one of the guys back at the dock from the almost fight earlier but he was the peaceful one.
That was literally the best 4th of July EVER! Here are some pics and videos. If you want to share what you did for the 4th tweet #WhatIDidOnThe4th in the comments. Thanks







5 comments:

  1. This does sound like a spectacular celebration Dock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dock. I am over the top happy for all of you having such a fabulous 4th with your friends. The pics are lovely & your writing skills continue to get better & better. I love you & hope we can see each other soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. An epic event! Must be nice...you can prolly guess where I was, Dock-a-doodle...:)

    ReplyDelete

Quaranteened

Man, it has been a long time since I blogged. Happy New Year! By the way it’s 2021 and the world is in total shambles. I cannot believe that...