Saturday, June 8, 2019

My Gatlinburg trip

I went to Gatlinburg last weekend, and I had a whole lot of fun there. We went to the Smoky Mountains to celebrate my eighth grade graduation.  Our trip was originally scheduled for Memorial Day weekend but most of the cabins were already sold out. That was okay for me because I went to a waterfall with my friend Foley instead. Anyway, we left on the Thursday of that week to begin our fun adventure in Gatlinburg with my dog Daisy. It took 4 hours to drive there, as the cabin we stayed in was in the far east of Tennessee.  When we went to the cabin I was in shock because there was a beautiful game room upstairs and a hot tub on the balcony. The game room featured pool, air hockey and an old arcade machine featuring vintage video games like Donkey Kong. That same Thursday night, Mom and Dad took me out on the Gatlinburg strip. I saw Blake's Shelton's restaurant Ole Red there, which sister location in Nashville I been to. I ate at Mellow Mushroom and just walked around the strip. The Next night, I went to the new Dolly Parton dinner show, Pirates Voyage, near the Island at Pigeon Forge. It was exciting and the food was delicious.  There were great acrobatic tricks like in Cirque Du Soleile and spectacular special effects coming out of the water. I got a cool pirate souvenir cup also, when I ordered a non-alcholic cocktail.
The next day was my Dollywood day, as it's a thing people traveling to Gatlinburg usually do.  A new land called Wildwood Grove has just opened and features attractions including the dragonflier, a suspended roller coaster. I was a little afraid and I didn't do that one. My favorite rides there were the Thunderhead (voted one of the ten best wooden roller coasters in the country) and the log flume. I just read that Dolly Parton doesn't go on any of her rides at the theme par. I don't blame her but I conquered my fears and rode rides that I was afraid of.      
You should really check out the new attractions at Dollywood!            

1 comment:

Quaranteened

Man, it has been a long time since I blogged. Happy New Year! By the way it’s 2021 and the world is in total shambles. I cannot believe that...