Monday, June 12, 2017

I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!

I went to an ice cream social at the First Presbyterian Church yesterday. It was The 32nd annual Miss Martha's ice cream crankin' party. It was a contest for a local church to see who can invent the best/ most creative homemade ice cream flavor. It cost $10 for kids. The money goes to  the Martha
O' Brian foundation who helps those in need. One Summer I did a Meals on wheels camp with them.
So, for 10 bucks you can sample over 100 flavors! I didn't have that many (sorry). I did have a Hawaiian style ice cream that tasted like pineapple, it was one of my favorites. The one I loved the most is called the Dulce de leche. It was butterscotch with nuts. There was some Preds pride flavors (They lost the Stanley Cup last night but were still proud of them.) The most insteresting ,was the "Undead Elvis" which was peanut butter, banana, and bacon (EW). I also tried some Spicy Ice cream. After all that ice cream I had a tummy ache. After that I came home and I saw my G-bob, and he came over to eat with us and we played 20 questions.Then, it was a big night for TV because the Tonys were on plus the Stanley Cup plus my Uncle (by friendship) Shane was on Celebrity Family Feud on Kelly Clarksons' team. Mini-story: There was a pool party before Miss Marthas and I saw mom's high school classmate Julie.


                                                  Here are some ice cream pics...








3 comments:

  1. My gracious, Dock, you've made me exhausted with all your fun and adventures😎. I think I would have liked the Grand Marnier Peach and the Hawaiian. 20 questions sounds like so much fun and it was a big night for TV. I hope your Uncle Shane had fun, sorry that I missed that one. Looking forward to your great writing again <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is "Wow"! How delicious all those flavors of ice cream must have been! I have never been to an ice cream social before but after reading your blog, it is going on my bucket list! Keep on having fun Dock & letting us all know about it! You are now officially my favorite blog💙😍😘

    ReplyDelete

Quaranteened

Man, it has been a long time since I blogged. Happy New Year! By the way it’s 2021 and the world is in total shambles. I cannot believe that...